Who You Are Matters - Aaron Voskani
Describe where you come from
- I come from a city located just north of Downtown LA. I have lived there all my life and have become very appreciative through the years of the city. Glendale has been home to me for my entire life and I have developed some of the strongest bonds with friends and family there as well.
Tell me where you are going
- I plan on going somewhere closer to the coast, whether if thats right on the beach or a five to ten minutes drive. Preferably somewhere in Orange County, Malibu, Newport, or Calabassas.
How am I going to get there ?
- The way I plan on getting to any of the above locations will be through consistency. Showing up even when it is the last thing I want to do. No matter what it is I do I plan on being persistent and be as consistent as possible. I also feel that some people are naturally extremely great at one single thing and excel by only specializing in that one thing for the rest of their lives, so that is something that I am trying to figure out as well.
How are you LIKE your parents?
- I am like my parents in different ways. Relating to my mom I believe we have the same mentality when it comes to taking risks and not caring much about what other people think. As far as my father. I believe that we are similar in the way we act. We both have this same silly and kid like side which we always use to lighten the mood.
How are you UNLIKE your parents?
- There are a few ways that I am unlike my parents is that sometimes I will go out of my way to satisfy someone elses needs or wants. They believe that there is a good mix of doing this but believe that I do it too often.
Have you developed your own expectations for yourself, or if you were honest, would you say you are operating under someone else's expectations?
-Personally, I believe that I am operating under my own expectations. I always set a very large expectation for myself no matter what and even when I can not live up to those expectations I still look at it as a learning experience. I do not think that operating under someone else's expectations is bad but it could be detrimental to my mental health because if you do not live up to those expectations you may be looked at as not good enough, but when you are in control of your expectations you have a better understanding of what you can and can not do.
Who other than a relative serves as a role model for you of someone who lives life with great passion and personal responsibility?
- Someone who serves as a model for me that lives with great passion and personal responsibility would be Dana White or a man named David Goggins. Both of these guys seem to have passion for whatever they do and have responsibility for themselves and their families. I do not personally know them but from what I have seen through numerous interviews that is what I have observed.
A wild animal that I feel a connection with ?
- A wild animal that I feel a connection with is a leapord. I have always found leapords to be my favorite animal and have watched a variety of different short videos on them.
Describe a significant childhood event with a tree or plant
- As a 12 year old in middle school, it was quite easy to be excited about the newest trend at the time which was segways. After getting one as a gift, my best friend and I decide to take a stroll. The first ever time stepping on it it jerked forward and I instantly hit a tree trunk. I ended up being okay but it was one of the scariest moments due to how fast I was traveling.
Birth Certificate
- 22 Degrees Leo , Sun sign
- 01 Degrees Aries , Moon sign
- 18 Degrees Cancer , Rising
I believe you will one day make it to Malibu or Calabasas. I would love to get a property there too, but I don't think I will ever make it as my primary resident and I am also from Glendale, and never want to move anywhere else.
ReplyDeleteMy old football coach used to say that 90% of the battle is showing up. I've definitely benefited from this advice, and it sounds like you have too!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your paragraph about living at your own expectations. My hometown very much set the bar for us growing up so it's a skill I'm still learning myself.
ReplyDeleteI completely get/agree with wanting to live by the coast, and the areas you listed are definitely some of the best!
ReplyDelete