Book 1 Blog 9/20

 Book 1 Blog 1 9/20 

Putting The Rabbit In The Hat has allowed me so far to see how some people you may think you know, even after watching them for a whole month straight, have a whole entire life that they were brought up on. From what I have read, I knew about only one percent of one of my favorite actors from my favorite tv shows. That one percent was that he is Scottish. A specific part of the book which I resonated with was when Brian wrote "These days out, as well as creating a close bond between me and my mother, instilled in me a love for travel". Since I was young I have always traveled with my mom and have developed a strong love for traveling and seeing the world. 

After seeing the way his mom handled the death of his father as well as the fact that most of their savings were blown, I began to think that it must have been almost impossible for Brian to have developed into the person and figure he is today. I believe after he lost his twins, he became a much more mature man and realized he had more responsibilities to fulfill which ultimately lead to him becoming the kind of actor he is today.

One thing I hope to get out of this book is a way to handle hardship and tough times. After reading through about half of the book I can tell that I will be able to get something out of it in regards to handling and getting past different things that bring people down on their journey to their goal. 


Comments

  1. I am also reading this book. It has been extremely helpful in assessing ways to navigate difficult times. It is interesting to read it through the author's voice, as he lays out a good foundation on how he tackles life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, I really enjoyed your interpretation of the novel. I am not reading this book, however, I feel like you provided a great summary for me to grasp your main takeaways from the novel. As a twin and someone who is extremely family oriented, I can not imagine what it was like for Brian to lose his children. I look forward to your next blog post on the book to see what else you learn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Job Description

Book 1 Post 2

Book 2 Post 1