Random Post 1 - Fantasy Football

The Up's and Down's of Fantasy Football

Every Fall, it has become tradition between my friends and I to partake in a highly competitive race to see who will be first in our fantasy football league. This tradition started in 2021 and has grown ever since we started. The tradition starts out with a draft. It is not your usual draft that is taken online where you get to see the players stats. It is in person, no access to electronics with strictly just your knowledge for the players and teams on the draft board.  Once teams are drafted, divisions are selected randomly and the football season starts shortly after. 

The First Week Of Games

The first few weeks of games is very important as far as seeing how your players performance compares to where you drafted them. Personally I drafted Bijan Robinson in the first round, who has completely underperformed and part of the reason why I still have not won a game yet. The first few weeks of games allows you to see which players to trade for, who to not trade for, and who you should be looking to pick up off the waiver wire. So far, my first round pick which I already mentioned has been extremely disappointing, my third round pick is basically unplayable since his quarterback has been injured, the same goes for my 5th round pick, along with my 4th round pick having been inured since the start of the season. Overall, it has been an extremely disappointing start to the season. Although I am still winless through the first five weeks, I have optimism that my team will step it up. I have been extremely unlucky but I believe that this will all change in the coming weeks as my players recover from injuries and the rest of the league starts to calm down from their unusually high scoring performances from the start of the season. 

Finish Strong

In Fantasy Football, it is more important to get going on a streak at the right time. I have been lucky enough to have won the league in 2022, where I went off to a similar start as this year. I won the league having a record of 6-8 and my players started to get going right before playoffs which led me to win the championship. I am certain that this will be the case this year and I am very confident in my players ability to score points unlike how they have done to start the year. After all, in life, it is almost impossible to come out on top, without at first going through adversity, and the same applies to fantasy football. I look forward to making playoffs this year and keeping you all updated as far as the progress of my team through the coming weeks. 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your post this week because this is the first year my friends and I created our own fantasy football draft. I will admit I am not the biggest football fan so I don't know all the players and am towards the bottom of this years draft rankings. But I do find joy in watching games on Sundays with my friends and heckling each other over some friendly competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your post, specifically about the troubles that you have encountered as far as your draft picks. Fantasy football is such a love-hate relationship for me, as these things that are out of your control can affect your whole season. I wish you good luck for the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never played fantasy football but heard many great things about it. The fact that it brings your friends together to talk about fantasy football and spend time together on the same hobby is amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I'm not familiar with fantasy football, I can totally understand the frustration of things not going as planned, especially when you've put in the effort and strategy. I think it's great how you stay positive despite the setbacks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Job Description

Book 1 Post 2

Book 2 Post 1