Book 2 Post 2

 As I wrap up Invisible Influence: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior, written by Jonah Berger, I would like to point out some of the critical things I learned about specific reasons for my questionable actions. Overall, the main reason for me choosing the book was the title, and it seemed a bit lucrative in a way, which made me interested in learning more about it. I really enjoyed how the author expressed some hard truths that we have to come to accept for reasons that cloud our judgement on an everyday basis. It had a challenging love aspect to its chapters, which I also found interesting. 

Toward the end of the book, there was a chapter on the fear of missing out, FOMO, if you will. As someone who is self-aware that they have FOMO in almost any situation, it was refreshing to see it all laid out in writing and what drives this nature. Right after that chapter, Berger speaks about how mood in one person can reflect and influence people in a group and their mood. I have made it a goal to always try and keep a positive mood going forward because I want to be the person who reflects some kind of positivity in one's actions. 

All in all, the book helped me analyze myself and my actions to help determine what drives me to make those actions. Knowing what drives them, I can now choose what matters to me and influences me compared to feeling automated and forced to act a certain way. I would 100% recommend this book to someone trying to find the more profound truth of why everyone acts the way they do. They will find it very resourceful and help them stop fixating on things they can not control. 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading your takeaways of Invisible Influence. I think that fear of missing out is a constant and reoccurring aspect that many young adults, including ourselves, face each and every day. That being said, I think that it is important to learn how to manage it sooner rather than later so that individuals can prioritize their overall health and mental health at times and have nights in. I know I personally should take that advice at times. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the book helped you understand yourself better. It's great that you're aiming to stay positive and influence others in a good way. Sounds like a useful read for anyone curious about why people act the way they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting how only a book can allow you a pretty different outlook on yourself and your own life! I am also a person who feels a lot of FOMO when I am not present with my friends or family so I feel you there. I would love to read this book and hear what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your takeaways from Invisible Influence by Jonah Berger are insightful, especially regarding the influence of FOMO and mood dynamics in groups. It’s great that the book provided you with a framework to understand and consciously choose what truly matters to you, rather than feeling pushed by outside forces. Your recommendation feels genuine and thoughtful, highlighting how this book could be transformative for anyone seeking deeper self-awareness and control over their choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron, FOMO is a really funny topic to talk about in a book. To be honest, I don't think I get FOMO, but who knows I could be lying to myself. I also didn't realize so many people dealt with this issue, so it's really great theirs a book discussing it so people can talk about the issue. Very important to discuss things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aaron, your description of the book makes me want to give it a read. What you mentioned about mood is something I also want to work on. I know I can be really moody and have seen that effect others so I do also make it a point to always have a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aaron, I also find that recognizing invisible influences, especially around FOMO and group moods can be really empowering. Your goal of bringing positivity to others is such a meaningful takeaway. I have been interested in self-reflection and understanding motivations, so this books definitely seems to be helpful for me to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aaron, I'm very interested in now reading this book after your review! I'm glad you were able to take away something from this book, as it seems to cover a lot of topics that show in depth why we behave a certain way. I'm very interested in learning more about behavior and how its shaped, as the topic of FOMO for example is something that is so common especially at this point in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Aaron, I loved reading about this book and based off of your review, I will definitely look into reading it. FOMO is always a funny topic as mentioned by Aidan in his comment. I have recently come to terms with being okay without always taking part in certain things such as trips, events, and or every single outing with friends. I have though recently acknowledged that I tend to have an opportunist mindset when it comes to certain experiences that I would love to have and somehow show themselves early than when I would expect for them to happen so, evidently like some would say grab it while you can. I feel like in that respect the feeling of "FOMO" comes into play in a sense, the thought would then be if I don't take this opportunity right now that seems so perfect, then I am missing out on my potential one and only chance - if you choose to see it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Job Description

Book 1 Post 2

Book 2 Post 1